Denver Washington Park – Mountain Biking Level II Camp
Campers take their mountain biking skills up a notch as they hit beautiful trails outside of Golden in our Mountain Biking Level II Day Camp. Taught by our expert instructors, campers spend the session focusing on intermediate mountain biking skills such as cornering techniques, tackling drop-offs, riding through uphill obstacles, using manual pumping, and navigating challenging terrain like sand, steps, and rocks and more.
Mountain Biking Level II campers should have fulfilled the prerequisites listed below. While we strongly encourage campers to use their own bikes, we can provide bikes (and helmets) as needed.
Mountain Biking Camp Level II Prerequisites:
- I have completed Avid4 Adventure’s Mountain Biking Single-sport Camp.
- During the school year, I go mountain biking on my own, with family, friends, or a local riding group.
- I can perform a pre-ride safety check on my bike.
- I can demonstrate proper braking with hand brakes.
- I have learned and can demo how to shift gears.
- I can ride safely over rocky or sandy terrain.
- I have learned and can demo how to ride uphill and downhill.
If you have questions about whether Mountain Biking Level II Day Camp is right for your child, please give us a call at 800-977-9873.