Denver Washington Park – Kayaking Level II
Our Kayaking Level II Day Camp teaches campers intermediate kayaking skills with a special focus on moving water. The first day will be on flat water to practice and review wet exits and rolls. Days 2-5 will be on moving water where campers will enjoy paddling independently and working as a team to hone kayaking skills. Under the guidance of our able instructors, campers will navigate some of the most spectacular lakes and waterways in Colorado’s Front Range.
Kayaking Camp Level II Prerequisites:
- I have completed Avid4 Adventure’s Kayaking Single-Sport Camp.
- I can paddle a kayak forward, backward, and in circles.
- I know how to swim and would be comfortable “swimming” a section of rapids.
- I can flip my kayak and perform a wet exit.
- I can stop my kayak in a safe and appropriate manner.
- I can turn my kayak to the left and right using appropriate strokes.
Although they’ll be wearing personal flotation devices (PFDs) at all times, campers should be competent swimmers and feel comfortable momentarily submerged below water. If you have any questions about whether Kayaking Level II Day Camp is right for your child, please give us a call at 800-977-9873.